Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Almost There

So........we have $1424.29 to go until we reach the amount in the old emergency fund that makes me more "comfortable".  Notice I said comfortable, not totally satisfied but comfortable.  I kind of added up what our base expenses are plus stuff like groceries, prescriptions etc for a 6 month time frame.  Hopefully then we will be able to go full throttle on the last debt-my car loan but............and there is always a but isn't there?  But anyhoo..........................I then want to start funding some expenses that will be coming up like we will need appliances to replace our original ones, we will need a new driveway, a new roof and stuff like that.  I have spoken with the hubster about this and told him I really don't want to finance any of this stuff but pay in cold hard cash.  We will see if that will actually happen.


Then, of course, I have been hearing of layoffs.  My friend's place of employment is laying off and I know of others as well.......................Have you heard of any layoffs?  Have these layoffs happened to you or a family member?



4 comments:

  1. Layoffs? HA! That'll hopefully come when all in this brood are educated, and living under their own roofs!
    Kidding aside, keep being frugal no matter what. That way, if the worst happens, ie: layoff, you don't really notice in the day to day existence. Look at the amazing Sluggy and her husband's leg! I bet, other than major concern for his comfort, logistics and such., little changed in the landscape of that household It's the same here....even before I left work, we were thrifty, for the most paert. Our house is paid for, college funded, (and, no, if they don't go, we don't guve them that $....can't remember where I read that was fair. I think it's stupid.) But I digress. If you work on contentment with what you have, and not focus on what you want, it's easy to save money. For us, that means keeping our home nice. No need to go out when our own dining room is nicer than a restaurant.
    Keep this up! You can do it. It's a life of huge abundance! So happy to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You really brightened my day. Not being sarcastic, you really did!

      Delete
  2. Yes, laid off in May when our entire 15-person office in Atlanta closed. Reportedly, our jobs are being offshored to the Philippines.

    Heather near Atlanta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew it was happening. That is one reason why I go back and forth as to save more or pay more on the car loan. I think money in the bank is preferable when you don't have a job.

      Delete