Sunday, June 18, 2017

A Frugalista Dream Come True

I am not exactly a frugalista but I am on the road!  Ha ha.  For you regular folks this next suggestion will come at no surprise but for someone who is at the beginning of their frugal journey take note!

The public library can be one of your very best frugal habits.  I don't know about every state but NC requires an ID to get a card.  Give them your name, address and email and VOILA you get a card.  I mean how simple can that be people?  Just think at what is at your fingertips!   Books, magazines, books on tape, newspapers, programs that sometimes have some pretty awesome authors!  For you mystery fans out there how about having Margaret Maron show up-huh?  You get to keep your book for 2 weeks.  You can roam around and look to your hearts delight.  It's like window shopping but it's so much more than that.  And then guess what..................sometimes they can get a book for you from another state so that makes it even better.

And it's all FREE!!!!!!!!!!! It doesn't get any better than that.  I like going to the library.  One of these days I think I may just fall asleep in their comfy chairs. It's so peaceful because it is quiet.  I don't know about you but I crave quietness.  

You aren't an avid reader?  So what!  Go out there and check out a book on a subject you love.  Sports, politics, faith, mysteries, biographies the list goes on and on.  I promise you this is a habit you won't regret and did I mention that it is FREE!!!!!!!!

You can visit countries and solve mysteries all from the comfort of your couch.  Just think about it.  It's a rainy day.  A bit cool.  Make a cup of hot chocolate, get a blanket and your book and get on that couch.  Let that book take you away.  Become your own Jessica Fletcher!  

This is my library.  Photo courtesy of Wakegov.com

No comments:

Post a Comment