Tuesday, February 21, 2017

A Fun Frugal Day (Well MostlyFrugal)

So tomorrow I go back to work.  I would really like to stay home a few more days but alas I must go back and face the music!  LOL.  Hope no banjos are playing if you know what I mean.

Today we did a couple of things that were totally free.   Well if you count the gas it took to drive there it wasn't totally free but we didn't have to pay anything else.  The RDU International Airport and Umstead Park are pretty much on the other side of the county from where we live but we ventured out today and went to the Observation Deck at RDU, then we went to Umstead Park.  Umstead is part of the state parks system in North Carolina and right here in Raleigh.  It's beautiful and great to go especially during the week when it's not so busy.

The cake.........well that wasn't free but it is delicious.  We also visited the Hayes Barton Pharmacy Cafe for dessert afterwards.









If you are ever in the 5 Points area of Raleigh, be sure to visit the Hayes Barton Pharmacy Cafe.  It's old school and plays old time music.  It's really neat.  Plus it isn't a chain, it's a local business so it is always good to support the local peeps.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really did. It was so nice to be outdoors in February and not be freezing!

      Delete
  2. The hand sanitizer next to the chocolate cakes look scrumptious. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that belongs to my husband. he is a germaphobe. I myself, don't use the stuff except maybe once in a blue moon.

      Delete
  3. Oh wow that cake looks good! I don't bsuppose it's whole 30 compliant huh?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My Goodness, LeeAnn,
    That cake looks scrumptious! I'm planning a trip to N. Carolina soon to meet my 1st grandbaby. Since we don't get anything that decadent up here on the Montana prairie, I'll have to put this on my list of places to visit.

    Blessings,
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete