Monday, December 26, 2016

How Was Your Christmas?

Well..........mine was great!  Really enjoyed it.  Having said that I've been thinking and tell me how you feel.

We spend a lot of time and for some money on a day because we want to show our love and appreciation to family and friends.  We want the perfect gift, the perfect home, the tasty food and guess what!  We do all of this planning and before you know it-it's over.  I mean, dang it's over. Seems like it would be a better trade if Christmas lasted for a week.  Am I the only one that is wondering about this?  Please don't misunderstand me.  I am not a humbug.  I am not anti Christmas.  I love Christmas.  I love Hallmark movies.  I love the music.  I love what it is really all about but I don't love what the season has turned in to the last few decades.

There is this huge buildup and then we go back to our regular lives.  I want to incorporate the spirit of Christmas more into my life so that I will be more giving and loving and merciful.  I am hoping that this will be the first day of that spirit in a yearlong project in my life.  How will I do this?  I have no idea.  None. Whatsover.  But I've got to do something.  Plus do it in a way that does not incur debt.

Now.........onto frugality and finances.  One more payment and the mortgage will be done.  Kaput!  I can't wait.  Lord have mercy, that may just be worthy of throwing party.  Not really but it could you know?  LOL  This is one step in pursuing the freedom I so want.  Then we have one more debt.  My car.  I want to pay it off early.  I'm not exactly sure how early or how to figure it out.  I've been throwing more money onto the payments in some months.  Making 2 payments in other months while keeping status quo in others.  I would like to continue with making 2 payments in a month however the husband wants to take 1 nice vacation every year and I start saving for that in January.  I usually save at least $1000-1200 for that.  Now we don't spend that much but I like to have that much saved.  He mentioned going to Gatlinburg  or the Smoky Mountains.  I wonder if they will be open for business since they had such devastating fires.  I would love a mountain vacation.  Somewhere like Colorado!!!!!!!!!!!!  I've seen photos and it looks gorgeous.  Plus it looks a lot cooler than North Carolina in the summer.  Yep.  We are already of thinking of vacation plans.

The next few weeks we will be going through boxes and drawers and closets to start cleaning this place up.  I am really excited that the husband was the one who brought this up.  I want so much gone from here.  Not a totally minimalist approach but somewhere in the middle.

So what you got going on after Christmas?


No comments:

Post a Comment