Monday, November 7, 2016

I Withstood a Want

For me this is BIG. I've always wanted a red leather Coach purse. Today is my birthday. We were in the Boone and Blowing Rock area this weekend. On the way home there is a Tanger outlet mall with a Coach store and low and behold there was this beautiful red leather purse. For $149 I could take it home. I put that bad boy on and went to a mirror to see how good it looked. It looked great!  Beautiful. Perfect size. And I did I mention it was on "sale "?  The price tag original price was $395.
My dear husband said get it. It's your birthday. But something snapped inside at the last minute. I put it back on the shelf.  That my blog friends was a big step for me.  You see.......some ladies like shoes, I love purses.  I have way too many purses but it is really hard for me to give them away or sell at consignment shops.  I have made money in the past with selling several Vera Bradley purses via consignment though.


I'm not sure I will ever be a minimalist but I sure don't want to be a purse hoarder either!  LOL

6 comments:

  1. Good for you! I have a "thing" for VBradley purses myself. I am on a purse moratorium since buying 3 VB's last Xmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohhhhhhhh Vera Bradley. I'm not a fan of the newer styles.

      Delete
  2. Good for you!!! Happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!

    And I too am a purse gal. I have a lot of them. A coach purse is my dream.

    ReplyDelete