Wednesday, August 24, 2016

A Near Miss

Wow.  I had a major near miss.  I can't go into details, not yet, at least but let's just say that our finances missed taking a HUGE hit.  This has kept me up at night and worried me for days.  Today I received good news but won't know for sure for a little while.

I do know that this has given me a kick in the you know what.  I told the hubster that this has really affected me and how I want us to re do our budgets by putting as much as possible of my checks into savings AND paying as much as possible on the mortgage with his checks.  In theory our mortgage could be paid off by January if we follow this plan.  That way, if this situation were to happen again, then we would able to ride that wave!

2 comments:

  1. I guess you almost lost your job or something.
    I hope this motivates you to make the changes you should make to your budget.
    Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. actually it is due to the fact that I don't want a promotion. I don't want the anxiety it will cause me.

      Delete