Wednesday, June 8, 2016

What's Up

So it's been a bit of a break since I last posted.  Really we've not done much of anything except go to work, come home, go to bed, get up the next day and start all over again. 


We are getting our debt down down down!!  One of the items can be paid off by the end of December IF we put the pedal to the medal so to speak.  I was talking to dh the other day and told him after we get back from vacation I'd really like to buckle down and get these debts out of the way. Oh how I look forward to the day they are gone.  I really admire these young people on Youtube and other financial blogs that are taking control of their finances at an early age.  I wish I had done that as well.  But that is water under the bridge.


Do y'all have any vacation plans?  We are going to south of Myrtle Beach.  I'm not a huge beach person but dh is.  He loves it there.  Me?  I'm more of a mountain, cool air type of person.  Plus the beaches here in NC and SC are just overrun with people in the summer.  It seems like the entire northern and Midwestern parts of the US are down here during that time.  Tons of folks from Ohio, West Virginia, New Jersey, New York, Maryland etc...................I can only assume that the prices are better down here and the water warmer!  LOL


Like I said once we get back from vacation, then I want to turbo charge it to being free!  Vacation is already saved and paid for.  Thanks be to God for that.  We will put the cottage room on the credit card but I have the dinero to pay it off immediately, plus funds to pay for the rest of it.


My husband did say that he's a simple man.  All he wants is a week at the beach and season tickets to see Appalachian State Football.  The beach is paid for as well as the season tickets!


So after that, we should be ready to do this.


BTW-we got new furniture, just a couch and chair.  We did charge those but the card is paid off. 


So that is what is going on with us in a very brief nutshell.


Have a good day!

4 comments:

  1. Nice to have a beach vacation! Our trip this year is to Portland Oregon. Not a typical vacation destination, but it includes a week with the granddaughter so it is fantastic for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I've always wanted to visit Portland and Seattle.

      Delete
  2. I would love to see pics. of your new furniture.
    As a former Yankee sent to S.C. forca time, I used to say how much nicer (less visited) the beaches in S.C. were comparex to FL, (a very popular Yankee destination.)
    We are spending the summer in our Gulf Coast FL home...a place we bought because it was so quiet..not so much anymore. Works out should we want to sell, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will take a picture when I get home from work!

      Delete