Friday, June 24, 2016

Frugal Food for a Family Gathering

Tomorrow should be very interesting. We are going to a family reunion on my husband's side. Interesting fact I've not met these family members and we've been married almost 32 years. Needless to say I will be nervous. It's like meeting the family all over again!!  

We are bringing red velvet whoopie cookies, chocolate chess pie and barbeque. The sweets are homemade or at least a box mix and the bbq will be purchased. Pork bbq is DELICIOUS. Can I get an amen?  If you've never eaten it please give it a try. There is a debate in North Carolina. Western vs Eastern style. One is a thicker ketchup based and the other is a vinegar base. I like both. I grew up with the western style but now I live in the eastern style. 

So the only extra cost will be gas. It's about 2 1/2 hours away and of course the BBQ. I'm really trying to buckle down and keep costs down so we can save more money while also paying down debt. But I want us to be generous and hospitable as well. 

Here's pics of the sweets!


3 comments:

  1. What?....no Cole Slaw to dress that 'Cue? tsk tsk tsk ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sluggy there will be BBQ slaw. It's red and it's delicious. Yummy!

      Delete