Friday, April 8, 2016

Goal Setting aka I'm Trying Something New

I've decided to list goals that I want to achieve here on my blog.  Some are just your everyday items so this will be kind of an online post it note to myself while others I hope will give me the kick in my pants to do something.  You see I am rather a lazy old girl.  I get up, go to work, go home and to church on the weekends. Like I said earlier I want freedom and I'm hoping that setting goals and actually listing them will help me achieve the freedom I so desire.  So here goes my goals for the month of April 2016:


pay taxes--yuck!  I transferred money today to do this for a total of $588


pay for the hubster's surgery-haven't received any bills yet but I know they are coming


cook 1 new recipe


pay extra towards the car-the balance right now is $8227.89.  I figured out if I pay roughtly $300 every pay check this will be paid off by the end of this year.  I get 2 checks a month and the hubby gets one.


start purging junk


put $147 in savings-Done today!


pay off Visa-done today!


start looking for a couch


get measurements for the bay window downstairs


and of course to start setting goals and listing them here on the blog.  I'm not sure how frequent the goals will be but at least monthly.


Do you set goals?  Do you think they help?

2 comments:

  1. I write a daily to do list, which is essentially items we need to complete to achieve the broader goal of a peaceful home and well adjusted kids. HA! Frankly, there are more days than notvwhere we find ourselves able ti do little more than the next necessary thing! Still, the master plan is there! Bestof luck. How is your husband doing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is doing great! He got his cast off and stitches out on Wednesday. He returns to work this coming Monday. Thank you for asking!

      Delete