Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Funeral Expenses

I know this is a topic that most of us want to avoid discussing.  I mean it is pretty depressing but it's more depressing to be the surviving family members who have no clue how you want your funeral to be or how to pay for it.

Now, I don't know if any of my readers work in this industry so please don't get mad at me but the costs associated with it are astronomical.  From embalming to buying the casket to the actual service.  Many times the death happens so quickly that you don't have time to plan and from my personal experience funeral homes do not give you much time to decide.  How do I know this?  Both of my parents are deceased and my mother in law is as well.

Decisions must be made within a short time frame once death has occurred.  Your head can swim from information overload.

We got  information regarding pre planning a funeral from on the funeral homes here in the Raleigh area.

We have not done this yet but I am going to think about it.

What do you think?  Have you preplanned a funeral?  If so, what did you have to do?  Was it as easy as they make it sound?


My brother had to pay for my mother's funeral because Dad could not afford it.  The three of us paid for her tombstone because once again Dad could not afford it.  It was quite a bit different when my MIL passed away.  They had or still don't have money concerns.

It's just hubby and I so no one else can help us out if needed.




No comments:

Post a Comment