Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Frugal Substitution

I am coo coo for Cocoa Puffs when it comes to Mrs Meyers cleaning products. I especially love the cranberry scent. It is a delightful mix of sweet and tart and clean. Smells good enough to eat😜

I do not like the $3.99 price for one bottle of hand soap. This bottle was empty and I hate to get rid of it because I love the pink color too. So I used some Suave strawberry shampoo to see if I like it. I mean it washes my hair so it should be able to wash my hands. I got this idea from my fave British frugal blogger Jane at frugal queen. 

What substitutions do you do to save money?  

3 comments:

  1. Great idea! I saved a foaming hand wash bottle and use equal parts water and Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap to make a foamy wash. It is not exactly like the original vanilla peppermint soap that came in the bottle but it is close enough and much cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap as well, and add it to a saved pump bottle. I do dilute it with water. I am sure Softsoap brand would be cheaper if bought on sale with a coupon. but I suffer at times with hand eczema, so am not willing to risk a flare up. I can only use two types of Softsoap.
    As far as Mrs. Meyer's, I have the lemon verbena all purpose cleanser, which I dilute with water and put in a spray bottle. I am less than thrilled with it. It cleans okay, but needs lots of rinsing, and the scent is a tad too floral for me. Any other suggestions in that line?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like the Lemon Verbena. I've tried to dilute Dr Bronners but it tore my skin all to pieces.

      Delete