Thursday, March 3, 2016

Ridiculous Email

I got an email today that I think really speaks to consumerism in general.  I use Bare Minerals for my foundation.  I have Rosacea and very sensitive skin and it really does work best for my skin.  I signed up for emails because there is a Bare Minerals store at Crabtree Valley Mall and sometimes they have a good offer.  Well today's email really takes the cake.


The title of the email was:  life changing news from Lash Domination.  Really?  My life is going to CHANGE because I use their mascara?  Maybe I will like it better than others, maybe not but change my life?  Just a really silly title if you ask me.  Someone will go out and buy this item just to see if it is as good as advertised.  Now I am as guilty as the next person when it comes to succumbing to ads but this one really caught my eye. 


I just want to get out of debt and live a simple sustainable life.  Somehow I don't think this mascara will help me with that!



3 comments:

  1. I delete those things without even reading them. "Get thee hence!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of like that thought that a simple mascara change would change my life. Since I forget to wear it about half of the time perhaps I should try putting on regular mascara daily before I step into life altering world of Bare Minerals mascara.

    ReplyDelete