Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Good Deal on Chicken

I wish I took a picture but.........Kroger has boneless, skinless chicken breasts on sale for $1.99 a pound so I bought 4 packs of that.  Trying to stock up a tad because the hubster's surgery is back on for March 23rd.  I will have my hands full for quite some time.

For the most part we are really pleased with the prices at Kroger.  They stopped double coupons right after the extreme coupon show started so that's kind of a bummer but we buy a ton of Kroger generic products so we don't miss them all that much.  Plus Kroger is great about sending us coupons for their generic products.  We buy their peanut butter, granola bars (can convince the hubster to try homemade), sandwich meat and so many other items.  In our town we don't have a ton of stores to choose from.  Food Lion, Harris Teeter, Lowe's and Kroger.  There is also a Walmart and Target.  Oh lest I forget we do have an Aldi.  Now I like Aldi but the hubster not so much.

I saved over $20.00 tonight just using my Kroger card.  Did I really save it or is it I didn't spend the extra $20.00?  I think to be able to save I saved it I should transfer $20 into savings.  What is your definition of savings?



5 comments:

  1. Savings=money not spent. My thought at our Kroger affiliate, when they say "you saved x amount" is "gosh, what would I have saved if I stayed home?"
    I will not pay more than $1.99/lb for chicken breasts. Zaycon has them at $1.69/lb, but you have to buy 40 lbs, then process/freeze. I oped out of this cycle's sale, as I couldn't face that.
    Good luck with the surgery. Hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you ever kept a running total of what you saved at the grocery store? I think that would be interesting. We don't have Zaycon around here. That price is amazing.

      Delete
  2. We don't have Zaycon here either and Angel Food Ministries closed up.
    As for grocery stores in town, we have Weis(regional chain)and a Shursave affiliated small store. Down in the valley and in surrounding towns we have Wegman's, Price Chopper, Giant(the PA not the VA one), Aldi, Sav-A-Lot(the Albertson's economy brand) and then the Walmart, K-Mart and Target in the mega store. I don't believe we have many options around here but in actuality I guess we do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never used Angel Food. Shame it shut down. Word on the street is Wegmans will be opening a store in Cary. That is poo poo shi shi town a few miles from our home. I hear that store is really amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have Zaycon available but I have not tried it yet. You have to order so far in advance and my plans are subject to change based on Mom's needs on any given day that I can't be sure I could be there for pickup. One day soon I will pull the trigger and try it__maybe. I have about 7 grocery stores within 2 miles of my house so I am able to cherry pick with little effort and gas expense.

    ReplyDelete