Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Do You Love Your Job?

Do you look forward to going to work?  These are questions that have been banging in my mind for some time now.  Honestly I don't love my job nor do I look forward to going to work.  I don't hate my job either.  I am treated and paid well-can't complain about that.  I just wonder if this is what I am supposed to be doing? Is there something else out there?  Sometimes the grass is not greener on the other side.  Been there done that and still have the scars.


If I could I would love to stay home and work part time.  I've really been intrigue with homesteading blogs.  Don't get me wrong, I don't see us moving to the country anytime soon but I admire those who do live this way.  Some of them are their own bosses while others still work outside of their homes. 


If you could stay home, would you?  Does homesteading sound remotely interesting to you?  If not, what does?

5 comments:

  1. Not sure you got my first comment. So, here's a recap! I loved my job, but after my first child, I became a SAHM. While I have a BA in a field I love, The thought of outsourcing my children's care, and having them raised by the collective was repugnant to me. At first, it requr sacri...we wenrt to o e vehicle which required me to pile the babies in the car at all hours to get him to his check in, and back home after flights (he was a pilot) or go without a vehicle myself for the duration of his trip. We didn't have cable, I didn't shop for clothes, we didn't eat cereal, have date night, etc.. Not spending got to be a way of life. Now, we are well off, and my youngest in grade 4. DH is retired, and I still don't work. The teens really need us home, though they may not admit it.
    As for homesteading, shortly after dh retired, we moved to a "gentleman's farm" on acreage in the country, where I find great pleasure in gardening, canning, stacking wood. I love finding solutions to problems beyond throwing money at them. We also do not acquiesce to our kids wants just because "everyone else has one."
    Frankly, I think a lot of people who want to stay home, but claim they can't afford to, really aren't trying. And, don't get me started on the "I'd feel guilty not contributing." I contribute plenty. The man I married knew full well I intended to stay home with the mids, and why. If he wasn't in board, I wouldn't have continued the relationship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goodness, after re-reading my comment, maybe I ought to loosen the purse strings for a second laptop! I don't sound coherent on mobile devices. Plus, my "n" only comes out if I press it several times.

      Delete
    2. Ha! I really didn't notice. What does that say about me?

      Delete
  2. I have to be honest and say, no I don't. Don't get me wrong, I am grateful and thankful for my job. I am well paid and the company pays my insurance in full. However, I don't get as much time off as I am used to and my commute and my day are both longer than I prefer. This is a new job that I got in December 2014. I was let go from my previous job in May 2014 after just short of 27 years there. The reason I was given, for want of a better phrase, is/was pure BS. It was all about the money. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. I don't know if this is what I am supposed to be doing and how do I know?

      Delete