Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Making Do with What I Have in the Pantry

I'm going to pat myself on the back here. It's still very cold here and that makes me want chili or soup or hearty sandwiches. 

Tonight's special is chili. I had some hamburger thawed so I cooked it. Drats! No chili seasoning so I improvised with chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, onion powder, cayenne powder. Added those wonderful aromatic seasonings to the hamburger along with some chili kidney beans and tomato sauce. Let that simmer for a bit. Then drats again!  No shredded cheddar cheese so I shredded part of my block of Cracker Barrel. Bam! Problem solved. Then add a dollop of sour cream and it was good. 

What did you have for dinner?




2 comments:

  1. Don't you love it when things work and no trip to the store is required!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy weather- I love chili but am eating up leftovers. It's supposed to be 73 here tomorrow and then get cold overnight. PS I always shred my own cheese- it tastes better to me.

    ReplyDelete