Tuesday, January 19, 2016

A Tasty Sandwich for a Very Cold Monday Night

It's quite cold here in North Carolina and I've been wanting to make steak sandwiches for some time now.  Originally I got this recipe from my mother in law-she was an amazing cook.  Well tonight I mostly used her recipe but tweaked it just a bit.

It served hubby and I each with 1 1/2 sandwiches tonight and each a sandwich to take to work tomorrow.

Cut sirloin tip steak in strips.  Cut up an onion and red bell pepper.

Put in a skillet some red wine vinegar, soy sauce and worcheshire sauce.  Add the meat, cook until almost done.  Add the onion and pepper along with some sliced mushrooms.


Now here some pretty tasty sauce-1 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup horseradish (prepared), and 1/2 cup mayo.

Put some sauce on a roll, add the meat mixture and then add some cheese.  Tonight I used provolone whereas I usually use pepper jack.  Pepper jack adds a bit more zip to it!

All in all I'd say this is for sure a do over!

1 comment: