Friday, November 6, 2015

Hello Murphy!

Murphy happened. On my birthday no less. Dh hit a deer coming home way early this morning. He was driving back from the mountains after attending a horrible football game in which we lost. I got a phone call at 1:30 am telling me he was fine but he hit a deer. He was about an hour and a half away from home. The highway patrol officer had to shoot the deer to put it out of its misery.

The car had to be towed to Raleigh. Thank the Lord for triple A. Saved us a ton of money for towing. I picked him up about 4 in the morning. 

We will be carpooling for quite some time as it will be about 3 weeks until they can start work on the car. That is IF it can be repaired. It may be declared totaled. I hope not as that means we will have to replace it. It's a 2009 Corolla so we won't get a lot of money for it. If it's fixable we only pay a $50 deductible. We really don't want to have to buy another car. And that is my biggest concern right now. We finally have an emergency fund. Not a huge one considering everything but all told about 7500.00. I was getting excited about reaching 10 grand by the end of the year. I know that's nowhere near where we should be but we are doing better. So disappointing to know if it weren't for my foolish spending over the years this would be just a blip on our screen. 

I am so very thankful that no one was hurt. 

Here's a pic of the car. Looks fixable to me but it wasn't drive able and I'm no mechanic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment