Sunday, October 18, 2015

Frugal Wins and Frugal Losses

This has been a really nice but cold weekend.  We had to turn the heat on since it was in the 30's last night and tonight we have a freeze warning.  I suppose that could be considered a frugal loss because some folks advise to just put on another sweater and deal with it.  Not us!

We went to a little town, Saxaphaw, NC.  DH has been wanting to go for ages so we took a short road trip on Saturday.  We went to a pub, The Eddy, and ordered 1 beer, 1 root beer and 2 appetizers.  The totals was just under $19.  Frugal loss.  We could've and should've packed a lunch but we like to try new pubs and restaurants.

From there we went to Mebane, NC to the Tanger Outlets.  I went to the Coach factory store and found a beautiful red bag.  Oh did I mention that I love love love purses?  Yes I do, it is ridiculous.  Dh said he would buy the purse for my November birthday.  I thought long and hard and...........voila!  I put the purse back.  I. did. NOT. buy. the. purse!  Major frugal win.  I was not totally purchase free though.  I went to the Hanes store and bought 2 large packages of Just My Size hose.  One in nude and one in barely black.  I NEEDED them.

So today I gave my tithe to our church, did a tad bit of grocery shopping.  I am kind of happy with myself.  I wasn't perfect like Frugalwoods but it is an accomplishment for me.

Here are a few photos from the weekend of pimento cheese fries, the Haw River and turtles!

these pimento cheese fries are in a word, DELICIOUS



do you see the turtles?

No comments:

Post a Comment