Sunday, September 13, 2015

I Am Not a Fancy Person

and last night solidifies that for me.  First of all we attended an absolutely lovely wedding.  It has to be the most expensive wedding I've ever attended.  It was LAVISH but in a tasteful way.  It didn't look over the top just, well, lavish.  I am somewhat inept when it comes to social settings that require knowledge of which fork/spoon/knife to use.  My mother never taught me and what little i know is what I've learned over the years.  Therefore I tend to feel uncomfortable, like there is this giant light in the sky that beams down on me and announces to everyone that I don't know what I am doing.  Of course, no one says anything or was remotely paying attention to me. It's just my paranoia but it goes to show that I am not a fancy person.


I prefer jeans and sweaters or t shirts but wear skirts and dresses, not real frilly stuff you know the basics.  I can not stand dress shoes and since my foot surgery almost 6 years ago it borders on the excruciating.

I could use some tips from Emily Post or whoever does that nowadays.

And you know, it's fine that I am that way.  The other day the hubster made a comment that we've done okay even though we live a pretty simple life.  And that's the truth!

No comments:

Post a Comment