Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Your Thoughts on Dave Ramsey

I listen to Dave regularly and I enjoy his show and for the most part I agree with him.  Having said that I am wondering how his plan will work if there is an economic downturn later on this year.  Let me explain.  I agree with getting out of debt but I think we need WAY more than $1000.00 in an emergency fund.  If the economy tanks again and you lose your job $1000 won't get you much.  Do you agree with putting every available penny to debt?  I think I am in the middle, put more than the minimum to debt PLUS put money in savings as well.  If you put all of your money to debt then you won't have an emergency fund and you will have to use credit when an emergency happens.  See where I am going here?

Where do you stand?  There is no right or wrong here because everyone's situation is different.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment