Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Da 'Burg

Gettysburg. We've been 3 times now. We don't see us coming back again. I would love to know if any of the park guides are from the South. Some of the remarks the tour guides have said over the years are a bit much. But we've enjoyed them nonetheless. 

I wish the tour stopped at the North Carolina monument. It's really beautiful. We've seen it before. We went to a talk about what the average soldier wore and carried. I can't imagine what they went through. A wool uniform in the middle of summer. Oh my!!  The food they ate. Gross. We were told that 3/4 of soldiers died from illness. Overall a really good visit. 





2 comments:

  1. I thought you were in Pittsburgh cuz you said Da 'Burg. lol
    I've got an ancestor(cousin)who died at Gettysburg, part of Pickett's Charge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pickett's charge was very interesting.

    ReplyDelete