Sunday, May 10, 2015

What is Our Purpose?

What is MY purpose?  I was just over at womenlivingwell.org and watched Courtney's video and she said the purpose of her blog is to pursue holiness and to point us towards Christ.  Wow how amazing is that?!  The video is about living your priorities.  What are MY priorities?  I know that my blog is about frugality and it will remain so however my PRIORITY is the same as Courtney's and I'm quite sure that I've never pointed anyone to Christ in my posts.  For those readers who are NOT Christians, don't worry.......I'm not going to hit you upside the head with a Bible and tell you where you are wrong and how I am right.  NO Way Jose!!!  I don't have it all figured out.  I do know that I want to have more $$ so that I can be a blessing to others.  How can little old me be a blessing?  Well I can give more to my church which then in turn gives those funds to various ministries locally, nationally and internationally.  I can live out my faith-now that one is way more harder than it sounds.  I mean I don't want people to think I am some kind of Jesus freak.  What will people think?  You know what?  I've got to get over that.  I can live a life of hospitality, a life of mercy, a life that points others to Christ.  By being frugal, living and spending intentionally-all with the help of God-I can point others to Christ.  I can live an authentic life.  I can share about the hope I have.

And you know what?  Even if I don't have a lot of money to give, I still have time to give, I have talents to share and I can pray for others.  If you feel so led to do, drop me a reply to let me know of prayer needs and I will do the same for you.  We are all in this together!!



No comments:

Post a Comment