Sunday, March 8, 2015

How Do You Deal With Stress?

I ask because I don't deal with it very well. Now the only thing that really stresses me is my job. I toss and turn. Most nights its the last thought on my mind and the first thought upon waking up. I know this sounds ridiculous. So many people have real problems to stress about. Health problems. Marriages falling apart. Finances. Job loss. See I've always been an anxious person even as a child. I'm not proud of being anxious but I'm also not ashamed. I simply wish I wasn't. I wish I wasn't the worrier. I wish my mind didn't go over the same situations like a record that has a scratch on it. 

So if you too are anxious, what helps you cope?

2 comments:

  1. When stressed out I go for a bike ride or go for a walk down by the river. As I have said before I need to get outside at least once a day. Staring at a tree, birds at the feeder, or flowers growing puts troubles in perspective. The troubles do not go away, but I can weigh the good with the bad.

    Another way is by reading. A story can transport me to another place. Finally watching a sports event can so absorb my attention that I temporarily forget about troubles. I have found that talking about troubles just increased my stress.

    I hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happiness is a choice. You can choose to be happy. There's going to be stress in life, but it's your choice whether you let it affect you or not. See the link below for more info.


    #stress
    www.ufgop.org

    ReplyDelete