Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Update on my Back

So I went to the orthopedic office yesterday.  They compared x rays to those taken last year and my L5 S1 disc has degenerated more since the last xray.  I knew I had degenerative disc disease.  I was given some pain medication, steroids to calm the inflammation and muscle relaxers.  I go back in a month to see if I am better.  If not...............I will have another MRI to see exactly what is going on.  That will be probably $500 out of pocket.  At least that is what it was in 2012.    I was given a shot in the spot that hurt the most in my back, I think it was a steroid shot.  This is supposed to help......it has a little bit but will take a few days and up to a few weeks for the full affect.

I will see what the next month brings!

2 comments:

  1. This sucks. At least you got some temporary relief with the shot.
    Keeping you in my prayers.....

    ReplyDelete