Sunday, August 3, 2014

What Can We Learn From Toledo?

Toledo, Ohio has been in the news the last few days and not for a good reason.  Evidently the water is so contaminated they've been told to NOT bother boiling it.  Now that may have changed now but at least it was like this earlier. 

Why does this matter to me here in North Carolina?  Well............this can happen anywhere.  From what I've read stores are being wiped out of their bottle water supplies.  I imagine even those folks who are mortally against bottled water are having to buy it, IF they can find it.  I mean if you can't boil it you pretty much have to purchase bottle water unless you have those really big water barrel things.  I dare say the majority of us don't have those but I could be wrong.

Anyhoo this is a good but sad reminder to all of us to have our ducks in a row.  Buy bottled water before it becomes a precious commodity.  Even if you hate the idea of buying bottled water, it can come in handy in cases like Toledo, Ohio.

1 comment:

  1. I am going to store water in about forty vinegar gallon jugs for bathing or washing hands clothing. Four one-gallon wine jugs will be filled for drinking. AND, I am going to buy a 24 bottle case of water. It is just me, so that should be good enough for a beginning. We have our own lake and water treatment plant for the city. Lots of people in the country have wells.

    ReplyDelete