Friday, August 8, 2014

Thank You Lord

I just want to publicly thank God for his goodness and mercy.  I get down quite often when a certain situation doesn't seem to be improving.  I stress a lot over it and stressing over it really is all about not trusting Him.  I have been a worrier since pretty much childhood and it continues now.  Recently I've become acquainted with a blogger friend who is Catholic and she gave me some advice.  She told me God doesn't promise to take away these situations but He does promise to be there with us and get us through it.  She told me to offer up my sufferings for others.  I told her that was a new concept for me, a Protestant.  She said she offers up her sufferings for the salvation of others.   This has given me much to think about.  Really my problems are quite trivial compared to Christians in other parts of the world having to leave their homes with only the clothes on their backs.  Many have been killed. 

Oh well..........it's off to work here in a few minutes. 

Are you going through some trials?  Do you, like me sometimes, feel that God is far away and not listening?  I think during those times He is actually closest to us we just don't know it.  We really shouldn't go by our "feelings".  I've been wrong many times by my "feelings".  Continue to pour out your heart and thank Him for being there for you.  Lift up others in their trials as well.  He is there, He loves you.  He gave his only Son to die for you.  What more can we ask? 

For the sake of His sorrowful passion............Have mercy on us and on the whole world.

Pax Domini

No comments:

Post a Comment