Sunday, August 24, 2014

Fall is Just Around the Corner

Fall will be here in a month.  Wow.......that's pretty amazing, isn't it?  Seems like just yesterday spring started.  I love fall.  It is my favorite season.  I love having to wear long sleeves or sweaters to stay warm but not all bundled up like the middle of winter.  I love the colors, the sights, the scents, the foliage.  The food!!!!!!Stews and soups and all things pumpkin. 

I need to get my ducks in a row to get ready for the cooler months of Fall.  Have the furnace inspected which should be a no brainer since it is brand new.  And also find a new source of heat for times when we lose power. In our neck of the woods, the power goes out quite easily.  We are considering a kerosene heater but I am not fond of the smell of them. 

If you have oil heat............are you getting your order ready?  Are you getting your homes ready such as fixing any openings around window and door frames?  Any air that comes in will make your home that much harder to keep warm.  I refuse to freeze in my own home.  I am not one of the frugalistas that wears multiple layers of clothing and socks and gloves to sit and watch tv.  Nope, not going to do it unless the power goes out!

Are you getting your pantry ready for the hardier foods of Fall?  Are there any ingredients you can buy now, at a good price of course!!  Since college football starts next week most big box stores will start having sales on snacks and items used in tailgating such as paper plates, cups, napkins etc.........

And of course Pumpkin Spice Lattes arrive!!  Truth be told our local coffee café serves their own version of the Pumpkin Spice Latte and I can get it all year round and it is SO MUCH BETTER than Starbucks!  Just saying!  LOL

Does your part of the country turn beautiful with all shades of red, gold, brown and orange?  Oh now I am getting ready for it start right this very minute!!
photo NCpiedmontweather.com

No comments:

Post a Comment