Saturday, July 19, 2014

My decluttering begins today

I took 2 trash bags full of nice purses:  Vera Bradley, Fossil, Sak and some wallets to a consignment store today.  I should get some good cash for these items.  The biggest plus is they are out of my home.  Now I have some more purses to take to either Goodwill or Salvation Army.  And then I have so much stuff to go through and sort and either throw away or give away.  It's daunting to think about it.  This morning it kind of hit me that all of this just sitting and NOT being used by us is sinful.  I didn't mean to be but it is.  Someone else could use these items and they were just collecting dust and taking up precious room in my home which btw is less than 1500 square feet so we don't have a lot of storage space.   While I am quite pleased with this beginning I am also quite apprehensive about the rest of the stuff.  It is going to take some work and I will have to make some hard decisions on some of them but I want no I need simplicity and the freedom to not be tied down to THINGS or debt.

How about you?  Do you have too much?  Can you have a yard sale, give to charity shops/consignment shops or just plain throw away?  This is just a tee tiny step for me but one that needed to be done.

Hip Hip Hooray!!

No comments:

Post a Comment