Saturday, June 14, 2014

Trying to Spruce Up the Yard

Somehow when God was giving out decorating and garden genes He skipped me.  I am NOT gifted in that way but I do so admire others for their beautiful homes and yards/gardens.  So basically our home is well.................basic.  Not horrible but certainly not that homey, warm, cuddly feeling that I get when looking at others.  So I have made up my mind that I WILL be making some changes and hopefully for the better and I WILL decorate and do some things in the yard.

Now accomplishing this on a small budget will be quite the challenge.  Many of the blogs that I like get almost all of their items at flea markets, thrift stores and garage sales.  So that is what I am going to start doing as well.  I have to admit I don't find much at Goodwill or the Salvation Army but I won't give up.  It's a brand new me.  I'm trying to be more hospitable AND doing this in a warm and comfy home.  Note I did not say spotless or expensive but warm and homey on a small budget.  I know I will be able to do this but it is going to be a long process.  LOL

Here are 2 items we did today to kind of spruce up the front a bit.

A hummingbird feeder

and....................a plant for our planter out front to add a bit of color

No comments:

Post a Comment