Saturday, June 21, 2014

How do You Calculate Savings?

Let's say that can of Rotel is normally $1.29 and Kroger has it for $.99 cents.  You buy a few cans to stock up.  Have you saved .30 cents a can or did you just not spend $1.39 a can?

What what you say?  Well I've read where some bloggers think they've saved the .30 cents a can while others says they didn't save it, they just didn't spend it.  To save it you would have to actually put the .30 a can savings in the savings account.


So where are you in this question? 


5 comments:

  1. I saved it and was able to put that money to use paying for something else. Just because I didn't put it in savings doesn't mean I didn't save money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think most would agree with you!

      Delete
  2. right now to build my EF I am taking anything I save from coupons or on sale or refunds and putting the physical cash into the EF. Its working for me for right now but we will see how it goes

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. is that you Judy? Judy from PA? If so, I am so happy to hear from you. I've thought of you and your family numerous times and have prayed for you.

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for stopping by! Some of my email notifications are not getting through so i just saw your comment!! I have no idea what those pretty plates are called, unfortunately!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete