Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Wednesday filled with Wonder

It is wonderful to wake up to a new day, a new beginning.  Each day is a gift from God.  Some days feel like booby prizes instead of gifts but I know that God is there.  He cares about me.  He cares enough to have His son Jesus Christ die for me and shed his blood so that my sins are forgiven.

It is truly a wonder why God would do that for me.  I mean I don't deserve it.  I don't always acknowledge him or thank Him for his goodness, His mercy, His grace.  Praying the last few mornings has been really neat.  I am learning more about Him.  I'm trying to just ask for me me me and ask for others and simply ask for more of Him.

You know sometimes I think that this frugal/simple journey relies on me and my strength and that is wrong.  Yes it is up to me to do what I can, to be a responsible steward but it is He who is my strength, my shield, my portion.  God is my provider.  Not Kroger, not coupons (although the correct use of them is, at least I think, part of said provision).  God gives me knowledge to use to make those dollars go further.  May He continue to help me on this course.

Have a blessed day ya'll!!

2 comments:

  1. I meant to say that I am trying to STOP asking for me me me and instead focus on others. LOL

    ReplyDelete