Saturday, May 3, 2014

Thoughts on Walmart

Do you think that Walmart is the devil in disguise or do you shop there because they have the best prices on items you purchase?

I regularly read a blog, and the blogger  is interested in frugal living, living the village homesteading lifestyle and sustainability.  I enjoy her blog a lot.  She also is a Walmart mom. I think at various times Walmart will ask the bloggers to either try certain products or do things and blog about them.  These items can be purchased at Walmart. 

I know there are many people who have some pretty strong opinions when it comes to Walmart but........try to take yourself out of that opinion.  IF you only have a very little sum of money AND the best price is at Walmart would you go there?

I kind of have a love/hate relationship with the store.  Every time I go it is so very busy.  It doesn't matter when either.  They never have enough cashiers.  Having said that I do find they have some really good deals on certain items and I do go there for them.

Recently the stores got voted worst for customer service in some kind of trade magazine.  I can see that.  It is hard to find an associate many times.  I think that WM is doing what many other employers are doing.  Making employees do more with less staff actually working. 

I will continue to shop at WM for the items that I need there that are the best price. 

For those who abhor the company, I will venture to say that I'm sure many of the complaints are true.  But I'm sure those same complaints can be said of many employers.  I totally understand the concerns that many mom and pops stores have closed because they can not compete.  I don't know how to fix that that problem.  It's easy to say well just shop at the mom and pops place.  That is easy to say but again if you only set amount of money to spend you have to balance where you want to spend said dollars.

I love Target.  There is one just down the road from me.  Generally it is less busy and cleaner.  At least in my area.  Many of their prices are lower than WM but there is quite a bit of difference on others.

What do you think? 

4 comments:

  1. May I do a comparison...I was reading 'stock the pantry', 'survival prep'..etc., thinking I could learn something.

    I learned anxiety.

    With the Walmart thing...just mentally shut it off. Live your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can relate to that. I start to think that I am nowhere near what these folks are doing. I think that we all can read and learn and apply different ideas from different people. Some of what they do will never work for me while others may be just what I needed.

      Delete
  2. I did a price comparison of five stores in our area - including Walmart. Even without coupons, I can find better deals elsewhere! I'm not a fan of the crowds at Walmart and my coupons always get questioned. For that reason, I prefer to shop elsewhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting. Walmart constantly has commericals in our area comparing their prices to other stores. Their recent commercial compared themselves to the store that doubles and sometimes super doubles and/or triples.

      Delete