Friday, May 16, 2014

First Time

I am happy to say that this pay period is the first time in a VERY LONG time that I did not "rob" from the money market to make up for the fact that I did not plan the spending very well.

Now to some of you this may sound like a"duh" moment but for me it is exciting.  A move in the right direction.

I got paid on the 15th.  I took out $$ for clothes, another source of heat for the winter, and hockey tickets.  I know that hockey games are not a necessity but we can afford it and I am starting putting a little bit aside every pay period so I can spend the $$ and not feel bad when hockey season starts us for fans like us whose team loses and doesn't make the playoffs.

The other source of heat for the winter:  we are considering either a kerosene heater or this heater I heard about from Jenn Fowler on Frugalupstate.com.  She has a buddy heater that runs on propane.   We have a lot of small propane tanks that we use for tailgating when we go to Appalachian STate football games.   And I know that it is just spring and winter is a ways off but I want to be prepared for it.

I miss reading Judy's blog because she was always planning ahead.  I sure hope, if she reads this, she knows she is missed and I hope she is doing better.

Any plans for the weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment