Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Do You Have a Frugal Beauty Regimen?

So I read Frugal Queen's frugal routine and thought I'd share mine.

I use Cetaphil to wash and moisturize my face.  I have sensitive skin and this is what the P.A. at the dermatologist office said to use.  It does pretty good and I can get a big bottle of the cleanser for a tad under $10.00.  The tube of lotion is about the same price.

I use Curel as my body lotion.  Once again my sensitive skin needs something for itching and I have found this works the best for me.  This size bottle usually runs about 8.99 at Target or Walmart.  Sometimes Target has a buy 3 get a $5 gift card. 

I just purged a TON of makeup a couple of weeks ago.  I don't have a lot left.  I don't wear a lot of make up but I do need foundation because of my sensitive skin, it gets red easy.  This Clinique foundation helps with the redness the best.  I also use Bare Minerals foundation sometimes.  The blush and mascara are Maybelline (can't get much cheaper than that!).    In the background is a scent I wear sometimes..........Victoria's Secret Love Spell.  I got this when VS had a special on it.The body butter is a bit strong.  It can make me sneeze sometimes.  LOL

I have another skin condition that according to my doctor, needs an antibacterial soap to help keep it under control.  I was quite surprised when I found out that Dial did not eat up my skin.  I prefer the body wash but I'm having a really hard time finding the body wash in the regular gold formula.  I guess if I can't find more of it I will use the gold soap bars.    I originally bought like 8 bottles of the body wash but I don't have a lot left over.  I think the price was $4.99 a bottle.

Like Frugal Queen I also use St Ives apricot scrub on my face in the shower.  I don't use it every day but it doesn't bother my skin and I like how smooth my skin feels after using it.

So tell me............do you have a routine?  Is it frugal or do you splurge on your beauty?


1 comment:

  1. For a face scrub I use about 1/2 tsp plain cornmeal in my palm, with only one half a pea sized drop of shampoo, and 3 or 4 drops of water. I mix this in my palm and use it on my face. You cannot get much cheaper or effective than that. Only mix one use at a time. I keep a bit plain cornmeal in a plastic jar in the bathroom. This is for cleansing pores on nose and chin, too.

    Then, I use Oil of Olay Age Defying cream in a little pot. That closes the cleaned out pores so they don't stay large and like craters. I only use the OoO on nose and chin.

    Then, I might put on lipstick if I leave the house, maybe not. But, I do have a Revlon tube of lip gloss.

    That's all I do.

    ReplyDelete