Monday, February 3, 2014

The next 2 weeks need to be frugalicious

After paying all of the bills, except for 1.  I haven't got that bill yet but I know the amount.  We then had to pay the plumber because we had a small leak, that thank the Lord, he said could've been a big problem, had to get my car tags and now we are down to close to the bare minimum.  We paid all of these items out of my husband's check and we will have to live on what is left of my check until the 15th.  Now my question is should I transfer money from the EF to pay for the plumber or let it stay as is.  I mean it wasn't exactly planned but I do have some, not much, money set aside for things like this.  
I do need to make a grocery run and sure wish I had Judy here to help me plan and cook like a fiend.  I did actually cook some chicken this past weekend, chopped it up and put it in quart size baggies to freeze to use in casseroles etc.....That is quite the accomplishment for me.  I usually don't do that.
Where do you guys go for recipes that are easy to put together and don't require a ton of ingredients AND that tastes good.

3 comments:

  1. I tend to make the same things over and over and over and I have a number of recipes on my Facebook page that I really do want to try. My newest money-saving idea has been to buy a little less meat. For example, I usually use 2 2-lb Sirloin Tip roasts placed in my largest Corning ware casserole with 2 packets of Lipton Onion Soup Mix sprinkled over and then 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup over the top. I should try this in my slow cooker. I marinate it all day or even over night and then place the casserole dish in a 350 degree oven for about an hour and 30 - 45 min and then let it stand with the lid off to let the gravy thicken for about 15 min. REALLY good. I serve it the first night with mashed potatoes and salad, a second night with the beef cut into cubes and over noodles, the third night as hot beef sandwiches. Well, instead of 4 lbs of beef, I bought just over 3 lbs and we ended up with enough for 3 meals. And so I am trying to buy a smaller package of meat -- just for the two of us -- and making a little more potatoes if DH seems extra hungry. Also he does not mind going grocery shopping as he goes out every day and I am contented to stay at home and sew (see www.picturetrail.com/sewhappy to see what keeps me busy) and he will often find some delicious sweet treat to bring home, so I am trying to always have a cake or brownies or something homemade so he is less tempted to spend for 2 servings what I could spend to make something just as good, but 12-16 servings. Nothing earth-shaking to share, but I wanted to comment as I always like to read your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading my blog and for saying you enjoy it. That made my day!! I hope you continue to come on over!!

      Delete
  2. I surely will! BTW, are you near Sanford, NC? One of my dearest friends lives there.

    ReplyDelete