Monday, February 24, 2014

Thank Goodness for my (small) Emergency Fund!

Took my car in this morning and the oxygen sensor was kaput.  Total cost:  $195.26.  Now some of you may say that isn't much and in all reality it isn't but not too long in the distant past, I would've been upset about this but not today because we have the $$$ to pay for it.

MIL update-she was taken off of the ventilator today but the doctor told my family members that this type of epidsode will happen again due to her dementia.  The family needs to decide what to do the next time.  Do they honor her DNR or put her back on the vent.  That is a very tough decision no matter how you feel about it.

1 comment:

  1. First praying for your mil. After working in the field for years I know the choice is hard but if everything goes well and your fil doesn't want to put her in a home how about a day care center. They are usually covered partially by insurance and she can go one day or 5 and they really are good. I worked at one for a few years.

    I was really hoping it was a gas cap. I hope spring is nicer to all our cars. DD had to get a new tire today because of a huge pot whole that she did not see that just ripped through her tire

    ReplyDelete