Saturday, February 15, 2014

A Couple of Frugal Victories

I'm trying to have a frugal/simple/hospitable year.  I called my cell company and dh called the cable company.  The cell bill should be about $23 less per month and the cable about $35 less.  Over time that adds up!!  I know this may sound like a pittance to some of you but for me these are victories and I am so happy about them.  Some in the frugal/simple world will say they don't have a cell phone or cable.  To that I say good for you but we CAN afford them, at least at this time we can.  If one of us were to be laid off, the cable would be the first to go and we would switch to another lower plan on the cell phone.  The frugal/simple life looks different to each person.   As long as we live beneath our means, save for our futures and also to be able to give to those in need.  I think that is A Wonderful Life!!

3 comments:

  1. Paying $58 less each month DOES add up and is a victory!
    It may not seem like a big thing financially but it's changing your habits and frame of mind that's the bigger victory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on making the effort to call and getting them to lower you expenses. That's Great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go! That is over $500 a year savings. Think what you could do with $500! Stash that monthly savings away & watch it grow.

    ReplyDelete