My job sent out an email telling us basically we are expected to be at work then at the very bottom we are told that if we are concerned about our safety then stay at home. Which is it? We are not in the healthcare industry. No one's health is compromised if we are not there.
Think about what bad weather really costs us:
- If you stay at home, you have to use 8 hours of vacation time. I consider my time off as extra money in the bank.
- If you don't have time to take, you are out of luck-so that is a day without pay
- The work that will be waiting on you when you do return
- The "wrath" or at the very least , the somewhat less than happy response you will get when you do return to work. ummmmmmm your coworkers that did make it will most likely be hot with you
- If you do go to work and get in a accident, then that will be costly as well
Does your job require you to come in during bad weather? Does this cause problems for your family?
Does it bother you if you come in and those who live closer to work can't make it? If you don't make it do you have to use vacation time?