Monday, January 20, 2014

Do you have the day off?

I do..........I've done a couple loads of laundry and drumroll please...............went walking in our local park.  I walked 1.5 miles in 36 minutes.  I won't qualify for the summer Olympics but for this fat couch potato, it's a good start.

Next I will take a shower and take my car to be inspected.  It's due by mid February.  North Carolina has started paying car taxes and tags at the same time.  I don't know if other states do this or not but this is new for us.  Obviously the car has to be inspected first then I can go online and pay if I choose.
I'm not sure if I like this method but I have no choice.  So I've got to man up.

I listened to Daily Audio Bible on my walk.  It's pretty neat to hear God's word while looking at his creation.  Sweet...................

Thursday and Friday this week I will be attending suicide prevention classes at my church.  I won't be working some kind of prevention line or anything like that but it will give me the tools to be able to better recognize signs from friends and family who are considering this option. Three years ago a friend/coworker killed himself and just a few months back a good friend of my husband who was also a chaplain killed himself.  One shot himself and one hung himself.  As far as I know neither exhibited any signs that they were considering this.  So I don't know what to expect from taking these classes.
My friend's suicide was very hard for me, I can't imagine the pain his family experienced.  I went to my pastor and a Stephens Minister to talk about it.  It was that bad.  His funeral was the worst I ever went to and that includes both of my parents.

I hope we also learn how to minister to the family members who are left behind in devastation and despair and guilt. 

Well enough of the Debbie downer................just wanted to let you know what my week is looking like right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment