Sunday, January 26, 2014

Another Cash Only Rant/Post

Well I got a letter from my credit union.  My debit card MAY have been comprised.  They did not list the merchant.  I'm assuming it's Target but now there's news that Michael's may have been  hacked as well and I did shop there at one point during the holidays.  I can not remember if I used debit or cash.
Either way it's just one more straw to break this camel's back.  I was telling dh that I am seriously considering only using the debit for gas purchases.  This will be a pain as it means I always have to have the cash on hand to do other shopping.  That also means I have to carefully plan these jaunts which goes against my nature, if you know what I mean.  I found this video from another blog and I think it's quite cool, a family living on cash only. 

The more I live on cash the less chance of my debit/credit card being compromised.  Tell me what you think.

2 comments:

  1. Its safer to use a credit card than a debit card. You won't be out any money while the charges are disputed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True but even with credit cards it can take some time to get it all straight.

      Delete