Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Is the Year of Frugal Living All About Me?

Frugal/simple living is going to be ONE of my themes for next year.  What is its purpose?  Obviously one purpose is to save money, resources and maybe time.  Another purpose is to spend smart so I have more to give.  More to give to my church, to ministries that I think are doing awesome things.  Perhaps being able to help someone in need.  Watching my pennies will help accomplish those dreams.  Watching the pennies, I hope will help the dollars grow. 
Saving money, in and of itself is a good thing.  We need to be prepared for the future, for emergencies and I am not going to abandon that at all.  I am going to attempt to kill two birds with one stone.  The center of my universe is NOT supposed to be all about me.  Imagine that!!!  
I'm not suggesting that everyone follow this.  It is what I am trying to do.  I'm not sure how it will all work out.  I am going to pray and ask God to take away the desires for those things that just get in MY way.  To give me strength to withstand the urge to spend on frivilous things and use my money wisely.  You know that bible has over 2,000 verses that speak on the topic of money?  That's mind boggling to me.  I don't know about you.  To me that means that God wants to get his point across to us.  So far, I haven't done such a good job of listening to Him.  I hope to improve on that as well in 2014.  Heck!  I don't need to wait until then, I can start that part right now.
Please don't think I am preaching to ya'll.  I am really preaching to myself and letting you guys in on what's going on with me. 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment