Monday, December 23, 2013

Bah humbug

I like Christmas but since we won't be working a full week we still have to do the same amount of work if not more.  It was very stressful today.  I don't know if I can handle another day like this for a very long time. 
I always get a bit nervous/anxious spending time with my in laws.  I've always felt I didn't quite measure up to whatever whoever they thought their son would marry.  It doesn't help that I am overweight and my mil puts a lot of emphasis on looks etc...........
Well I have Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday off.  I will enjoy those days and hope to have a good attitude about going back to work on Friday.

I know, I know.......some folks don't have a job and I should be thankful.  That's hard to remember when you are stressed to the max.

2 comments:

  1. As long as your husband loves you don't even worry what your mil has to say. My first one used to put me through hell because I wasnt her idea of the perfect Italian wife..well duh I am Irish. Once I just learned to ignore it and let it go life became much more peaceful. Enjoy your Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Judy. I really hope that you and your family can share all of the fun memories you had with your husband. I know it is going to be hard. I remember my first Christmas without my mother. Not the same but close.
    I would love to be eating some of that good sounding food you will be cooking.

    ReplyDelete