Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Have yourself a merry frugal Christmas

Since Christmas is right around the corner, I felt safe mentioning it in a post. I know that Thanksgiving hasn't happened yet but those of us who are frugalicious it can be a trying time. We want to give good, thoughtful gifts without spending loads of money and using the credit cards. So what's a girl to do? I opened a Christmas club account at our credit union. I put a small amount in biweekly. You would be amazed at how this little amount really adds up. I think I have enough saved up for presents, paper, cards and stamps(if we go that route this year), decorations and food. We've never had a Christmas party and if we want one this year we need to get rolling. It would be nice to just have a couple of people over with a few snackie items and maybe watch a Christmas movie like Elf or something along those lines. I would love to have all gifts purchased by the end of November. Will that happen? I don't know but I have set it up for a goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment