Wednesday, August 21, 2013

It's been a while

since I posted last, eh? OH well.......not much going on these days. Get up, go to work, come home, eat dinner, watch tv, go to bed and do the whole over again. For some reason my facial skin has gone bonkers. I have really red skin with bad breakouts pretty much all over. It's been going on for a month so I broke down and went to a dermatologist today. She gave me some samples of stuff like Cerave and Cetaphil to wash my face and a steroid topical lotion. So then I mention a spot under my left arm. I've been going to my family doctor and he kept telling me it was folliculitis. I wasn't buying it. I've done a lot of research and I thought it was something else. Well the dermatologist pretty much said it was what I think it is and not what my family doctor said. I have to go to the derm when it is flaring up so they can take a biopsy to see how to treat it. Part of me is happy to know I was right then again part of me is annoyed because my family doctor refused to consider it. Oh no, that's not the problem. Now I'm not a doctor nor do I play one on television but I do have some common sense and my symptoms simply didn't look like folliculitis. So now the bad thing is this condition will never go away unless the Lord decides to heal me. In some cases, it can get really bad and require surgery, which would most likely require skin grafts. Yep skin grafts. OH well......that pretty much sums it up for here in Gtown. I have managed to save a tad over $1000.00 since my back surgery in April but also have about 4 grand in credit card debt. No car payments just the mortgage. I'm trying to save up to buy a Kerosene heater for the winter in case we lose power, an electric blanket so we can cut the thermostat down at night and also we will need to replace the a/c unit sometime in the upcoming future. That will be a huge bill. I'm putting aside $30 every paycheck for Christmas. I should have around $600 by then. I don't think we will need that much but I'm hoping that $$ covers all costs associated with the holiday. You know, such as wrapping paper, gifts, any extra food, costs for a possible party. I've never had a Christmas party before so I have no idea what to expect. I don't want to put all of the $1000 towards the credit card. I want my emergency fund to keep growing and growing especially after reading what Judy has been going through after the death of her beloved. Yes I know that debt is not good but if I put all my money towards the visa, then I won't have an emergency fund so if something does happen even if it's only a few hundred I would have to charge it because I used to pay the visa instead of putting it in my EF. So I'm going to try to kill two birds with one stone. Our car was paid off a month or so ago so I will put that $$ towards the Visa, I won't miss it because we were spending it anyways. So that will triple the amount that is due on that card and put $$ in my EF. So I'm not going Dave Ramsey gazelle, more like a sloth but I feel better that way. College football season is right around the corner and we have season tickets to Appalachian State games. It will be 6 games. We live 3 1/2 hours away. It makes for a very long day on Saturdays. We drive up, tailgate, go to the game and drive home. all in one one day but it saves us from having to book a hotel room. But that involves extra money for gas, food for tailgating, alcohol, souvenirs etc...............This is the main reason my dh works a second job. He work at the arena in Raleigh. Mostly so he can watch our NHL team the Carolina Hurricanes. Hey he gets paid to watch his fave team. It's not millionaire money but it pays for his football fix, er I mean hobby. This time last year I couldn't go to games per doctor orders. He didn't want me riding in a car for 7 hours with a herniated disc. So what's up with you guys? Any plans coming up soon?

No comments:

Post a Comment