Friday, April 19, 2013

Been a long time since I last posted

well let's see................I had back surgery last week. The doc said my disc was worse than he originally thought. Great huh? LOL. My recovery has been pretty good. The only thing I'm allowed to do is walk. Can't drive and I hate that. I feel like my wings are clipped. I walk 2-3 times a day and gradually increase the distance. I stopped taking the pain pills 3 days ago. One reason, you can not go to the bathroom on those things, if you know what I mean. LOL Plus I don't really need them anymore. I take Ibuprofen if needed now. I was given 60 pills and still have 47 left from last Wednesday. I was supposed to take 1-2 every 6 hours. So I think I did pretty good. I know I am nowhere near the end of this whole thing, rather I am just beginning. But so far, I really can't complain. The pain I had before has gone, I hope for good. The pain I have now is from the surgery itself. I go Monday for my first follow up and find out when I start Physical Therapy. Last week was not frugal at all. In addition to my surgery my car needed new brakes, oil changed, tires rotated and a bearing was loose so that had to be fixed to the tune of over $600. I got my statement from the hospital today. This is just the hospital, just under $14000.00. I wasn't even in the room for 24 hours. Even though I spent the night it was considered outpatient. Can't wait for the anesthesia doctor, the ortho doctor, etc bills to start rolling in. Oh well that is why I've been absent. Prayers are appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment