Saturday, March 9, 2013

Coupon usage down?

I read an article a few minutes ago that coupon usage is down. Really? I was quite surprised by this fact because every time I have a coupon to get an item at a good price, the extreme coupon queens have already cleared out the shelves. I wonder if the show Extreme Coupons has anything to do with this. I mean how many bottles of mustard can someone use in a lifetime? The lady who bought 90 bottles and her husband didn't like mustard is an example of what I don't want to do. Yes you can donate mustard to places but then again how many food pantries regularly give out mustard to hungry families. I think the families would love some real food to eat. Mustard would come in handy for sandwichs though. I do use some coupons. Mostly cleaning products and items like body lotion, toothpaste etc......... Do you coupon? Are you extreme? What was your best haul? Is there an item you'd buy even if you don't have a coupon? For me, I love Cracker Barrel Cheddar Cheese. yest it is quite a bit more than the store brand but I love love love it. I love the sharp flavor. Way better than the store brands. We do buy a LOT of store brands as well. My husband is the Kroger King!!! My coworkers laugh at us but most of the time, not always, but most of the time we are saving about 20% off the name brand product. Do you buy generic items? If so, what are your favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment