Saturday, January 5, 2013

Look out Food Network!!

ok............in an attempt to save money I am trying to cook more at home. I am NOT a chef by any means. Just your basic stuff. I use a mixture of homemade and store bought ingredients. By that I mean, I don't make my own spagetti sauce, I buy it. I know...........boo hiss but I don't like my homemade spaghetti sauce, mac and cheese etc.................So I made a pizza tonight. Dough from Trader Joes, Kroger generic spaghetti sauce, garlic powder, chopped onions and peppers, shredded cheese. Hmmm..............I'm not a fan. My dh liked it but it lacked that certain something. Do you cook at home a lot? If so, what are your go to recipes that people like me can try?

3 comments:

  1. Next time you make pizza, don't use spaghetti sauce..it's too runny. Get a small tin of tomato paste to make your own pizza sauce. Just thin it enough with water to make the right consistency. Or better yet, add red wind instead of water to think it. Add garlic and OREGANO(must have!) and a pinch of sugar(you can add other spices like basil if you want too). To make sure your crust turns out crispier, put olive oil on your pan and sprinkle corn meal, then put your dough on the pan, sauce your dough add toppings and cheese. Try a combination of cheeses instead of just mozzarella....add some provolone or smoked mozzarella.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks slugmama. Will try those suggestions. Dh loved it but it was rather bland to me. and a huge THANKS for reading my blog. I think you may be the only one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, us old broad need to stick together, right? ;-)

      I just put you on my blog. Hopefully that might get you some more traffic here.
      Regards!

      Delete