Tuesday, July 3, 2012

what constitutes enough?

I don't know about you, but I struggle with the question what is enough? When have I reached the point that I don't need anymore purses, clothes, shoes, cars, makeup etc...........? And how do I decide this? How does frugality play into this? Some would say that simple living is more in line with "enoughness" because even frugalites can have tons of stuff they just didn't pay much for it!!! LOL Retirement money? Some say we need millions while my dh knows a couple that live really simply-same house, reliable small cars-so that they don't need as much as the so called experts say. Stockpiling food and sundry items............I certainly can't tell someone they have enough because I think that is for them to decide but............I do think our attempts to reach enough can also be selfish if we don't share out of our abundance with those who lack. If I have 4 month stockpile of food and I know my next door neighbor is really going through a hard time, I'd like to think I would extend hospitality to them. I can't right now because I don't have a stockpile of any kind but would like to at some point. I guess this is a topic that can discussed until the cows come home. Just thought I'd throw it out there. Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment