Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Does Being Unorganized Cost Money?

Here are some pics one is my freezer and one is my pantry. Look at how unorganized I am. So yes it has cost me money. I bought things before only to find I already had the product or how about this one--I've had to throw away items because they were way out of date. And by way out of date I mean WAY out of date!! I wish I could take a few days off of work to take everything out and document what we have but alas that can't happen right now. So I will have to do the best I can with the hours I have available to me right now.
Some of the blogs I follow have detailed pantry/freezer lists and loads of space to stockpile. One in particular, has about as much space as I do which isn't much at all. I really don't have an extra closet to use either. Since my space is so limited I have to do a better job of keeping it organized and up to date. We do not have an extra freezer. What you see is what you get. This can make it really hard to take advantage of good sales because I have no room to put it. I don't have family in the area either so I can't ask someone else if I can use some of their space. Oh well......I have a lot to start to work on and it is going to take a long time. Let's see........I need to get coupons and pantry/freezer organized. Need to get rid of clutter all over the house. Now here is one thing I have done that I hope will curb our grocery spending. I went to Kroger and bought a Kroger gift card for $100.00. If that runs out before next pay day oh well......I used to use the envelope method, you know put $$ in an envelope but I found I was robbing that envelope for other reasons. If I use my debit card I will spend more than what I want and we all know that if we use credit cards we will buy way way too much. Hopefully this method will work.

No comments:

Post a Comment